Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration
The NCFE Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration is a competence-based qualification.
A competence-based qualification is based on National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is a job-ready qualification which requires learners to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to work in a specific industry. A competence-based qualification must be assessed in the workplace or in a realistic work environment (RWE) in accordance with the relevant assessment strategy.
About this qualification
This is a regulated qualification. The regulated number for this qualification is 601/3966/3.
This is a cross-sector qualification aimed at current and prospective business administrators. This qualification covers the skills needed to be successful at a managerial level and covers competencies applicable to a wide range of contexts.
The Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration is the competence-based qualification used in the Higher Apprenticeship in Business and Professional Administration.
This qualification may be eligible for funding.
Things you need to know
- Qualification number (QN):601/3966/3
- Aim reference: 60139663
- Total qualification time (TQT): 570
- Guided learning hours (GLH):296
- Credit value:57
- Level: 4
- Assessment requirements: internally assessed and externally moderated portfolio of evidence
Aims and objectives of this qualification
The Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration aims to:
- provide learners with the skills they need to operate as a successful senior business administrator
- confirm competence of those already fulfilling a business administration role
- allow learners to develop skills in a range of areas relevant to business administration roles, such as communication, presentation skills and providing administrative support.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- develop the skills and qualities valued in employees by employers
- understand and work on their strengths and weaknesses as a business administrator.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management
- NCFE Level 4 NVQ Certificate in Customer Service
- Higher Apprenticeship in Business and Professional Administration
- Foundation degree in Business Administration or a related discipline
- Employment within a senior Administrative/Business Support role
It may also be useful to learners studying qualifications in the following sector(s):
- Customer Service
- Leisure, Travel and Tourism